WHO ARE YOU?
You look around you, a chaos of hair straighteners, discarded clothes, opened lipstick, and foundation... and then you gaze up into the mirror. It was worth it.
Now, one last step...
Deep breath; the false eyelashes. You wrangle them out of the box, apply the glue and hold them up to your eyes. Your phone rings, again. You're running late. Focus. As the glue begins to dry, you murmur a silent prayer that they won't start to peel off at midnight, and flap around on your face like batwings, like that one time...
What you need: Long-lasting glamour.
A BUSY BEE?
You glance at your watch.
Plenty of time. Coffee cup in hand, you zigzag your way through the lunchtime crowd to the beauty store, for a little look. Next to the mascara something grabs your eye - strip eyelashes.
Glancing through the dizzying array of styles, brands and colours... you feel a bit overwhelmed.
You want something that gets his attention, without raising too many eyebrows in the office... and of course, doesn't bug you all day.
"Hello, is there anything I can help you with?" a beaming, heavily perfumed sales attendant asks you.
"no, thank you... just looking" you reply, almost by reflex. Before you leave with one last lingering look at shelves.
What you need: Comfortable, natural looking eyelashes... that add that add a bit of spark to your look.
She's very... demanding.
But this is your big shot, you can't blow it. Fifth day with a new agency and to land a front cover? It's a dream. The big one. Showtime.
You're interrupted as she barks an instruction to her PA, and you catch the gaze of the client, lingering expectantly in the door way. Time is lurching on. The hair stylist turns on the dryer, teasing and coaxing the model's hair, this way and that... so now you've got to hit a moving target, while it sounds like a plane is taking off behind you. Great. Doesn't matter, piece of cake.
Now, the strip lashes. You study them intently, amid all the chaos around you and wonder how they'll look on camera... only one way to find out, right? As you pull them out she looks up from her mobile phone.
"Is there any latex in that glue? I'm allergic" she asks in a nasal tone.
The stylist turns off the jumbo jet/hair dryer and the client looks up from his no-doubt ridiculously expensive Swiss watch.
"Uh..." A bead of sweat surfaces on your brow.
What you need: Safe (latex-free), strong glue; high quality eyelashes, that register well on lens which you can see on, before the job.
Sound familiar? We've been there, too... and we got a little bored of it.
So, we designed our collection of strip lashes to solve real problems, yours and ours. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
P.S. Don't forget to hide them if you're going to pretend they're your real lashes. ;-)
HOW TO APPLY ME
Here's how to apply your false eyelashes:
- Clean your eyelashes and eyelids using an oil-free cleanser (e.g. our Prep Wipes). Wait to dry.
- Remove me (carefully) using tweezers, lifting gently from my outer edge.
- Check the length of me against your eye, and trim my outer edge if needed.
- Apply a thin line of glue to my lash band and leave upside down. Wait a few seconds for it to become tacky.
- Position me along the base of your natural eyelashes, starting at the inner corner. Press gently along the length of the strip.
- Wow, you look great! :-)
- For a seamless look, try curling your natural eyelashes before putting me on.
- Remember not to place me too close to the edge of your eyelid, it'll be uncomfortable, difficult to stick and it won't look too good.
HOW TO REMOVE ME
- Peel me away gently from the inner corner of each eye.
- Remove glue, by gently peeling away from my lash band.
- Wipe with alcohol (no, no a Mojito!) or an oil-free make-up removal wipe (e.g. our Prep Wipes) and place back in storage tray.
- Ready for next time!
SHOULD I PUT THEM ON BEFORE OR AFTER MAKE-UP?
We would recommend putting them on after your make-up but before your eyeliner. Just be sure to avoid any creamy/oily eyeshadow.
- Try blending the lash band with a little eyeliner.
CAN I WEAR MASCARA WITH THEM?
It depends what you need. Here's the pros and cons...
- You want to bind me to your natural eyelashes for a more 'natural' look.
- You need extra volume for a more dramatic look.
- You might not be able to reuse them afterwards (most mascaras are quite oily and difficult to clean).
- It won't look very good on brown strip lashes.
No problem! Ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org