- eyelash extensions
5 Easy Tips To Market Your Eyelash Extensions or Beauty Salon on Facebook
Does your eyelash extension Facebook page need a bit of 'oomph'? .
The chances are if you're still reading that you're a little… underwhelmed by the impact your Facebook page is having. I've been there too as an eyelash extensionist.
Forget the number of 'likes' you have, it's engagement that matters.
I'll put it this way... would you prefer 100 'hi how are you friends?' 10 'coffee chums', or one true friend? Exactly. With Facebook, it's no different. Someone who truly likes your business, will visit, recommend, support you… and you'll look forward to seeing them.
To achieve this kind of relationship, isn't as complicated as marketing websites make it out to be, either. You're talking to real people. So, the same basic rules apply as with any real friendship. In fact, just like good, real social interaction...
I'm not saying I'm a marketing guru / expert / fairy-wizard... I'm just sharing a few things which have worked well for me, based on a little experimenting and observing what does/doesn't work for others. I hope it works for you, too. :-)
Give/take, quid pro quo, reciprocity… whatever you call it, it's what relationships are all about. Facebook is no different.
So, providing an incentive is a great way to attract people for that all-important first time visit or booking. But keep them exclusive to your social media account - just like you save the 'special chocolates' for the good friends. :-)
There's lots of options here, so you can get creative. But here's some examples of the sort of thing I mean:
- Cancelled appointment? Shout it from the rooftops, let them know there's an opening this afternoon.
- Slow bookings on a Thursday? Offer a discount to anyone who walks in and mentions Facebook.
- Forget Group-On. Group-on is extremely popular, but expensive (they take up to 50%). You can offer your own group discounts (especially on less popular days) and promote them exclusively on Facebook.
- Competitions! Everyone likes to win something. Run a competition for a month for a free set of eyelash extensions. To enter? Ask them to Like your announcement and share the post. Pin/feature it at the top of your wall and very soon, their friends will see it and their friends, and so on.
2) YOU'RE INTERESTING... SO SHOW IT!
Before typing anything on Facebook…
- Anything funny, cute, or just plain weird happen in the salon today? Show it! Or even better, post a picture... Facebook is a very visual medium (although privacy should be respected by asking first, if it's a pic of a client).
- Did a local celebrity pop by? Share that too!
- Start a poll: Polls are a great way of energising your Facebook fans. For example: Why do you get eyelash extensions? 1. I'm addicted! 2. Holiday 3. Wedding 4. Seasonal (summer, Xmas) 5. I like the smell of glue… (kidding!).
3) BE SOCIAL. NOT SALESY.
- Have a loyal customer? Tag them in a status update. It's a great way of showing your appreciation.
- Apply a great set of eyelashes? Ask them if they'd mind if you posted a picture on Facebook. What girl wouldn't feel flattered? But don't forget to tag them (again, with permission)! Who knows, their friends might want a set, too. ;-)
- What do they want? Ask for opinions on colours, or decor if you're redecorating the salon. Or even what type of biscuits they'd like you to offer them while they wait. Oreos are my favourite... I'll have some of those, please.